Photo by Daiga Ellaby on Unsplash
Tips On How To Get Your Vehicle Ready For Back To School
Back-to-school season is here, which means that you’re probably going to be hauling a lot more than what you typically do. Maybe you’ll be transporting pets or kids, or maybe the carpool just got bigger. Whatever this new school year will look like to you, don’t forget to give your vehicle a check-in.
Your car is the safest and most reliable when it is properly maintained. An auto mechanic can help keep your vehicle in top condition.
Regular maintenance is the key to keeping your vehicle safe and reliable. By having regular checkups with a qualified auto mechanic, you can ensure that everything is working correctly, which will save money in the long run. We suggest that before you check your supply lists and navigate new drop-off lanes, you make sure your vehicle is in tip-top shape by:
- Checking the oil. Most manufacturers recommend changing out a used motor oil every 3,000 miles or three months (whichever comes first).
- Check the coolant. Properly maintained vehicles need their antifreeze levels checked at least once a year by a professional mechanic or technician who can examine all parts of your cooling system.
- Brake fluid level check. All cars need their brake fluid flushed or replaced periodically.
- Power steering fluid check. Your power steering is essential to your car's functioning. An auto mechanic can ensure that you have enough in your vehicle.
- Get a brake inspection. Every year, it's essential to have your brakes inspected by a professional. A brake inspection should be done at least once a year.
- Inspect the battery and come in if anything is amiss. Check the battery for cracks or leaks, terminals for corrosion and damage, and the electrolyte level on your battery. Inspect all the cables attached to your car's battery, looking for corrosion and lose connections in those cables themselves.
- Check your tires. Check your tires for proper tread (uneven tread may mean a problem with your alignment) and pressure. Get a replacement if needed.
- Inspect the air conditioning. August can be an unforgiving month temperature-wise here in Missouri, so get that air conditioning fixed to avoid morning meltdowns.
- Clean or replace your air filter as necessary. This will help keep your engine running at peak performance levels all year!
Come see us at Brookside “66” Service in KC for all your vehicle needs.
If you’re concerned about whether or not your vehicle is ready for the upcoming school year, come see us at Brookside “66” Service in KC. Come and visit us now at 6244 Main St., Kansas City, MO 64113, or book your appointment here before you go. Our skilled auto mechanics will prepare your vehicle for the new school year with quality repairs and friendly service! Remember, it’s always best to take care of your vehicle before the big day arrives so that you can focus on driving safely and comfortably with your kids.